Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge
- - Talkeetna is a fun, unique town!
- - Views of landscape and wildlife is phenomenal!
- - Tight knit community
- - Easily accessible by highway
- - Increased amount of amenities such as close grocery store, gas, restaurants, shops, etc
- - Large amount of tourists
- - Weather is unpredictable
- - Still remote - 2-3 hours from Anchorage (largest metropolitan city)
- - Small community
- - Male to Female ratio = 8:1
Website CIRI Alaska Tourism
CIRI Alaska Tourism Corporation (CATC) offers tours to fit a variety of lifestyles and budgets. CATC owns a package tour and booking company, three lodges, and Alaska's # 1 wildlife and glacier cruise company.
Alaska Native owned and operated, CIRI Alaska Tourism Corporation (CATC) is the umbrella company for Alaska Heritage Tours, Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge, Seward Windsong Lodge, and Kenai Fjords Tours.
Our season runs May through September and we employ more than 400 seasonal employees each year. Candidates available for employment for an entire season are given first consideration. Supervisory and entry level jobs are available at all locations.
We specialize in providing the best Alaskan experience with our innovative tours and top-notch customer service and an emphasis on Alaska Native heritage. If you are interested in a fun and challenging job with a progressive company, scroll to the bottom of this page and submit your application today.
Built from Alaska’s natural resources and resting on 35 acres of our 640-acre site, our spacious guest rooms, on-site restaurants, lounge and meeting facilities provide a luxurious getaway with an unmatched view of Denali and the Alaska Range.
Lodging/Housekeeping, Food and Beverage, Maintenance, Front Desk, and Gift Shop Staff
Jobs in the Spotlight
CIRI Alaska Tourism Corporation – Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge – Work and play in beautiful Talkeetna, AK at the base of Mt. McKinley and the Alaska Range!
Posted: Dec 31, 2014
Seasonal Professional – Laundry Manager, Dining Room Supervisor,…
Room and Board
The Lodge provides optional on-site housing for its employees who are 18 years of age or older, on a first-come first-served basis, with preference given to employees from out of town. Housing is a privilege, not a right. It is important that all employees respect the privacy of others. Each employee’s consideration will ensure the comfort and safety of all. Rules and policies are in place to help ensure a quality, peaceful living experience for everyone. Employees are required to sign a housing agreement if provided with company housing.
We have two types of communal housing:
- Dorm Style housing with communal cooking, leisure/TV and gender separate shower/restroom facilities for employees.
- Employees share a bedroom with 1-3 others and will share the communal areas with 32 other employees.
- Apartment Style housing that includes a kitchen, bathroom and television for individuals.
- Employees share a bedroom with 1-3 others and will live in an apartment with 5-7 other employees.
- Private line telephone service at employee’s expense can be arranged. Please speak with the lodge Human Resources for more information.
Employee Housing Charges
- A monthly housing fee of $5-$8 per person per day will be deducted from the employee’s paycheck while living in employee housing.
- A refundable key and damage deposit of $150 to $250 will be deducted from the first few paychecks. The deposit will be refunded when the employee vacates the housing, returns the key, and the housing passes a cleanliness and damage inspection.
All kitchens are equipped with refrigerators, stoves, microwaves, cooking equipment and utensils. The Lodge also provides bedding and towels and has free on-site laundry facilities for employees living in employee housing.
The Lodge also has three trailers available equipped for living for $8/day per person and three trailer sites available with full hook-ups for $3/day.
Most cell phone carriers have service in the area, but employees are encouraged to check with their carriers before arrival. The Lodge offers free wireless internet for personal laptops.
Employees are encouraged to experience all of CIRI Alaska Tourism’s (CATC) locations and products. For just under $9 per person, an employee can purchase a pass to ride on CATC’s tour boats through Kenai Fjords Tours in Seward, Alaska, as well as take advantage of discounted hotel rates on a space available basis. Many other sightseeing activities throughout Alaska are offered at a discount to CATC employees.
In addition to competitive wages, CATC may pay a bonus of 5% to eligible first-year employees or 10% for eligible returning employees. Bonuses are based on the following criteria: 1) full completion of agreement dates, 2) returning employees must have completed at least one of the past two seasons.
Pay Days/Direct Deposit
Pay days are bi-weekly, every second Friday. Pay advances are not available, so please ensure availability of sufficient funds for food, etc. during the first three weeks of employment. The Lodge encourages employees to sign up for direct deposited payroll for additional security. This requires the employee provide a voided check on the account funds are to be deposited to.
About CIRI Alaska Tourism
The historic town of Talkeetna has a year round population of approximately 800 people.
We are 2 hours north of Anchorage and 2.5 hours south of Denali National Park. Talkeetna sits about 60 air miles from “The Great One” Mount McKinley and is the take-off point for mountain climbing expeditions. We also pride ourselves in being a destination spot for some of the best fishing, hiking, rafting and picturesque prospects in all of Alaska.
The Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge is a great opportunity for you to work, develop friendships, and see all Alaska has to offer! We welcome you to join our team!